FROM THE PAST!
TIME FOR VACATION!!!!
Happy Independence Day!
Please take a moment to remember those men and women who have
made the ultimate sacrifice, and those who are currently making
sacrifices so we may celebrate this day.
Click on below to watch a slide
show and listen to the Battle Hymn of the Republic
Please enjoy some
vacation photos submitted by your classmates.
Abbey Road, London
2. Cape Town from Cable Mountain
3. Deb and Nelson Mandela, Cap Town
4. Sherlock of Baker Street
5. Jerry at
6. Tasting wine and chocolate at Waterford Estate
1. Hard Rock
Cafe hat collection
2. The Acropolis in Athens, Greece
3. The cut through which divides Greece
I climbed Mt
Washington in NH twice this past winter. The first trip was
cold but clear, so I was able to take some pics. The second was
too stormy for any photos.
1. The first
picture is of the Tuckerman ravine headwall after about 3K feet
of climbing on snow and ice.
2. The second picture is of the buildings on the top of
the mountain all covered with ice. It is truly an arctic
environment. The temp can easily hit -40 in the winter, but
wind is the real problem. I had to abandon a climb several
years ago when the wind was in excess of 70 mph. Members of the
climbing team were being blown off their feet and we couldn't
hear one another even when we were shouting just a foot away.
We had to make an emergency descent down the Sphinx Col in deep,
loose snow. My knees hurt for days.
11-06 Peg and I had gone to Ambergris Cay to do some
snorkeling and diving and we found this nice place to eat on the
4. Colorado 8-04 Peg and I were backpacking in the Maroon
Bells-Snowmass wilderness area and this is Peg descending at
about 12K feet.
5. Grand Canyon 6-06 This is the sunset inside the
canyon, about 3K feet below the south rim. It was the 30th
anniversary of my 1st trip.
6. Machu Picchu 11-05 This was taken on the way down
from the pass to the east of Machu Picchu.
7. Mt. Adams My climbing buddy and I were caught in a
late spring storm at about 10K feet and were stuck for about 30
hours in the tent.
and Mike - Margie and Andy
Mike and Debbie - Grand Canyon
2. Mike and Debbie - Mt McKinley
3. Mike and Debbie - Sedona, Arizona
4. Deb in NYC
5. Margie in
6. Mike, Deb, Andy and Margie in Greece
1. Where the
Faeries and Leprechauns live
2. Brazen Head - oldest pub in Ireland
3. Cliffs of Moher
4. Dolmen Tombs in the Burren
5. Galway Bay
7. Monroe's Pub in Galway
8. O'Brien's Pub
9. Pub in Spiddal
10. Quiet Man Bridge
of White O Morn
12. Ruins of White O Morn cottage
13. Small church on Abbey grounds
14. Thatched roof cottage
15. Waterfall in Connemara